Self-care looks like many things, and one of those things is using affirmations for black women to speak positivity into their life. It’s been shown that your mind directly impacts your action and your life in general. Your beliefs and feelings affect what and how you do in your everyday life.
As a black woman navigating the intersection of gender and race is often underestimated. Luckily, affirmations can play a huge role in instilling and restoring self-confidence. Often the thing holding you back from great success is your self-limiting beliefs, low self-esteem, and years of being told you can’t do it.
While you seem strong and formidable, it’s almost natural for you to hold onto things and emotions that don’t serve you, mostly due to your upbringing. Thus, using positive affirmations can make a significant change in how you think, feel, and act.
What are Affirmations?
An affirmation is a positive phrase you say to yourself to overcome a negative belief, thought, or feeling. As you continue saying them, affirmations rewrite your beliefs and help you overcome your negative thoughts and feelings. You will not believe them in the beginning, so you need to keep repeating the affirmations until they become a core belief in your system.
In the words of Abraham Hicks, a belief is simply a thought you have thought over and over again.
Do you believe you are ugly, lack talent, always make bad decisions, and are not worthy of the things you desire? These Positive affirmations will help you overcome those negative beliefs so start seeing yourself as who you really are—a powerful, beautiful, intelligent, courageous, and worthy black woman.
The affirmations are divided into 4 aspects of life, and you can tackle each section individually before moving on to the next.
Self-Love Affirmations for Black Women
- My black is radiantly beautiful.
- My hair texture is beautiful and unique.
- I am filled with positive energy, and I am evolving positively every day.
- I am smart, creative, and capable.
- I’m proud of my upbringing, and experiences; they made me who I am
- I am a strong black woman who deserves all the good things coming my way
- Today, I choose me, and I take care of me.
- I love the skin I am in. I have the skills, knowledge, and ability to achieve everything I desire.
- I know how to make great decisions.
- I am full of fantastic ideas.
- I have a kind and loving heart.
- My body is and will continue to do amazing things. It is beautiful and healthy.
- I am resilient.
- I am a gorgeous black woman who deserves love, kindness and respect.
- I am filled with confidence.
- I am a loving and caring friend.
- I love myself for who I am. I am grateful for what I have been through each day.
- I am more than my circumstances.
- I will not accept less than the best from myself and others.
- I believe in my worthiness that my being is enough
Affirmations for Finances
- I think in abundance, not scarcity.
- I am attracting success, wealth, and prosperity into my life.
- I possess the qualities and skills needed to be extremely successful.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- I receive an unlimited source of income and wealth into my life.
- My income increases constantly.
- There is more than enough money in my life
- Every dollar I spend and give comes back to me multiplied
- My life is full of wealth beyond what money
- can buy.
- It is within my emotional and physical power to create a robust financial future.
- With hard work and creativity, I am building the financial picture that I desire.
- There are countless opportunities to make money in my life.
- I have enough money to enjoy my day to day life.
- Attracting success is easy for me.
Happiness Affirmations for Black Women
- Today is going to be fun; I can feel it.
- Countless things delight me every day.
- There is much joy waiting for me today.
- This is a new day and infinite possibilities are available to me.
- Passion, ideas, and joy flow to and through me easily.
- Today I choose to see the good in everything and everyone.
- I’m happy to be here in this world to enjoy another beautiful day.
- I love how good my body feels today.
- I am grateful for all the love that surrounds me.
- I’m grateful to know that I will have Divine guidance with me all day as I go through each experience and decision.
- I’m grateful for the people and things that will come into my awareness today to delight and please me.
- I am open and excited for this day and all that it will bring.
- I am the very energy of abundance, love, and all good things.
Affirmations for Mental and Physical Health
- I am strong and resilient.
- I am a silent warrior.
- I’m not less worthy because of my color and gender.
- My life has value. My feelings matter. My intellect is impeccable. And my contribution is significant.
- I care for myself: exercise and healthy food fuel my body.
- I am okay setting boundaries and sticking with them.
- I feed my spirit. I train my body. I focus my mind. It’s my time.
- I now choose to release all resentment and hurt from my heart.
- I am in charge of how I feel, and today I am choosing happiness.
How to Practice Affirmations
To get the most out of positive affirmations, you’ll want to regularly practice them and make it a habit.
Step 1: Start with 3 to 5 minutes every morning and evening. Stand in the mirror upon waking up and before bed, and repeat the most important affirmations for that day out loud. Research shows that what you hear out loud goes through your ears and into your subconscious.
Step 2: Repeat each affirmation about 5-10 times. Listen to yourself, focusing on each word as it leaves your mouth. As you recite the affirmation, believe them to be true and feel the emotions accompanying the affirmation. If it’s love, feel the love.
Step 3: Be consistent. Try not to skip days when you start. Make affirmations part of your daily routine and be consistent. Consistency brings results.
Step 4: Be patient. Affirmations take time to rewire your thinking, emotions, and beliefs. Stick with it consistently and give it time to work. A few weeks to a month of daily affirmations is a good start.
Step 5: Forgive yourself. If you are far back in your belief, the best place to start is by forgiving yourself for believing a lie. Then affirm that you are ready and willing to learn how to love yourself, be happy, at peace, and get money. You know you are far back in your beliefs when you can’t stand in front of the mirror and look yourself in the eyes.
The Bottom Line
Are you ready to change your limiting beliefs? Write down and repeat these affirmations as many times as you can until you become the woman you admire. As a black woman, you need to know you are powerful beyond measure, intelligent, talented, beautiful, and unique. You deserve success, happiness, and respect from everyone.